The program is provided with a protection hardware USB key (also called dongle) that must be plugged-in on one of the available USB ports.
You can also protect the Application with a software key; even if in this case you need to be connected to the Internet, software key gives you several additional opportunities:
- you do not need to take care where to plug the key, as the license will be entered using a Username and Password
- you do not risk anymore to loose or damage your hardware key
- you can share the license with colleagues who are not nearby (for example in a different office location, or in the customer premises)
- you can manage multiple software licenses, for example sharing them with Architects, designers or Influencers you are engaged with, so that they can collaborate with you on specific projects (contact your dealer for further information)
- you can use the Application on Virtual Machines too
The installation procedure will install following components:
- Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5.1 Full
- Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Express SP1 Native Client
- Microsoft Solver Foundation
- Bonjour Service
- Hardware key drivers
- DomuS3D® Application
Here is the step by step guide in order to install the program:
1. Check if you have administrator privileges on the computer; differently, some parts of the installation may be not allowed, faulty or even partially installed. If no username and password is required when logging in WindowsTM, this would usually mean that the only configured user is also administrator of the computer.
2. Insert the installation DVD in the driver (or USB key, if any), and wait for the start-up window to appear. If you recevied a link by mail click on it to download and save it on disk. As soon as finished, double click on the file name and click on the "Install" button of the following image:
It automatically starts to extract the archive file and it will show something similar to next image:
Click the Full installation button to start complete installation
The installation procedure should automatically check the language of the operating system, but you can change the installation language among the ones available for your operating system and DVD. If needed language is not available in the list, contact the Manufacturer in order to investigate language availability for this version. Finally, always remember that even if you selected the wrong language for installation, you will be able to change application language even later on, while using it.
3. The installation procedure takes place in 2 different phases:
In the first one setup will check if the operating system has all needed frameworks (.NET, Bonjour, database engine, key drivers, etc..). Frameworks are modules of the operating system needed by the Application in order to correctly operate.
With the second phase you will:
A. read and accept license agreement
B. decide which unit measure to use (in the English setup only. In any case, unit measure can also be changed later on inside the program)
C. decide the folder on the disk where to save the program folder
D. start the installation of the program files
If upgrading from recent previous versions, you can also decide whether or not to import catalogues/projects from previous DomuS3D® versions available on the computer
4. At the end of the setup procedure, plug the hardware key in one of the available USB ports. BE CAREFUL: hardware key is the program license itself. Keep it with extreme care, as if you will lose it NO replacement key will be given. In that, unpleasant, case you will need to buy a secondary key from the Manufacturer.
In case you're updating your license DomuS3D automatically try to update it via web. If not it will show you the following mask:
In this case contact MATICAD to receive the v2c file.
Click on the red link and confirm to proceed and apply it.
This article is valid for DomuS3D® 2018 and later versions