When you place objects in a room, it is important to check the distance between them before deciding on their final position. Especially with bathroom fixtures, there are specific guidelines regarding the space you must leave between the objects in your bathroom (these vary for each individual market).
For this purpose, when you move a furnishing element and align it to a wall, there are two additional dynamic dimensions made available that are related to the distance between the object you are dragging and the nearest corner of the nearest element already positioned on that wall.
If you are not aware of the specific guidelines for your market, you can refer to the following:
- the vanity (washbasin) must be placed at least 5 centimeters from the shower box/bathtub;
- the vanity must be placed at least 10 centimeters from any other vanity;
- the vanity must be placed at least 10 centimeters from a bidet or toilet;
- the toilet/bidet must be placed at least 20 centimeters from any other toilet/bidet;
- the toilet/bidet must be placed at least 10 centimeters from the shower box/bathtub;
- the toilet must be placed at least 15 centimeters from the wall;
- the bidet must be placed at least 20 centimeters from the wall.
ATTENTION: Verify the guidelines regarding the mandatory space between bathroom fixtures in your specific market, as the general guidelines given above may not be compliant with your market.
In the image below, you can see the dynamic dimensions related to the space between items. You can use the Tab key to switch between these dimensions.
If you press the P key, you can hide the additional dynamic dimension fields and drag the object by the edge of its bounding box.
This article is valid for DomuS3D® 2018 and later versions